Siemens PTI – Trusted advisor for energy systems – Empowering flexible, efficient and resilient digital grids.
From strategic advisory and technical consultancy to state-of the art software: Siemens PTI provides a holistic view to master the technical and economic challenges of today’s and future energy systems.
Power System Consulting
When it comes to future-proof power distribution, industrial power supply, power transmission or generation in today’s complex and changing energy environment, sound advice from power system experts is essential. Our renowned consultants provide comprehensive, systemic grid planning services with in-depth technical and economic power system analysis.
Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) is seeking for a Transmission Planning and Engineering Consultant to join our Power System Consulting group part of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division. You will be accountable to model and study electrical transmission systems and develop plans to meet future system needs of clients such as independent system operators, transmission providers, and power producers. The consultant will be working remotely in Canada for our PTI USA team.
The core responsibilities of the Transmission Planning and Engineering Consultant include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state, dynamic and transient behaviors. In addition, the consultant will prepare reports and presentation of the study results and provide recommendation accordingly. In this role, it is crucial for the consultant to develop and maintain a strong relationship with our customers through ongoing communication. The successful candidate requires great problem-solving skills enabling quality and accuracy in a project environment. Attention to detail is a success factor.
What will you do?
- Effectively conduct transmission, distribution and industrial system studies within time and budget constraints
- Provide direct customer support and keep ongoing line of communication with customer for scope delivery
- Prepare study reports and other technical documentations as individual contribution
- Present study reports to clients in a manner to effectively communicate the findings
- Provide support to project teams as required
- Ensure compliance in completion and delivery of reports
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with a Power Systems focus
- 1-3 years' working experience in transmission system planning or operations, engineering internships will be considered as working experience
- Knowledge with commercial software such as PSS®E, TSAT, PSLF, PSCAD, TARA will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages such as Python is preferred
- Great English written and spoken communication skills are required
- Additional languages such as Spanish, French, German are assets
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
* This is a remote, home-office based position. It does not have to be located in the city posted.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.