Siemens PTI – Trusted advisor for energy systems – Empowering flexible, efficient and resilient digital grids.
From strategic advisory and technical consultancy to state-of the art software: Siemens PTI provides a holistic view to master the technical and economic challenges of today’s and future energy systems.
Power System Consulting
When it comes to future-proof power distribution, industrial power supply, power transmission or generation in today’s complex and changing energy environment, sound advice from power system experts is essential. Our renowned consultants provide comprehensive, systemic grid planning services with in-depth technical and economic power system analysis.
Siemens PTI is seeking a professional with a proven track record who will be responsible for supporting sales, building business/ customer relationships, and managing/ delivering client engagements. This position focuses on developing and providing leading edge technical and economic consulting services to energy asset developers. These services typically include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behavior, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of technical consulting/training services. This position requires great customer focus, technical management, and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
Initial responsibilities for this position include developing relationships with key clients, developing client proposal scopes of work, pricing them, and leading client engagements. We expect responsibilities to will grow into an even mix of on-going business development and delivery execution/management. This includes associated talent acquisition and consulting activities to achieve corporate growth targets. This position is integral to the Siemens PTI team and will require travel primarily in US.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools.
- Knowledge of transmission system planning or operations with experience analyzing power flow, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients. Experience in distribution planning and/or production costing considered a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of successful energy related consulting experience and demonstrated growth in energy engineering, and/or energy consulting leadership over career
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Support business development and promote Siemens PTI consulting services.
- Promote relationship building with new and existing clients.
- Manage client engagements, proposal generation and project management functions to deliver consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standard
- Leverage relationships with other Siemens Industry Business Units.
- Employ strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills.
- Effective teamwork within a large matrix organization.
- The ability to travel domestic and internationally
* This is a remote, home-office based position. It does not have to be located in the city posted.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.