Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Early Involvement during sales phase –Review and monitor the sales funnel in order to ensure the involvement of Procurement. Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market and preferred supplier information at an early stage to optimize supplier selection, internal workflows and processes.
· Project Procurement standards – Establish proper sourcing processes, control all Procurement resources & activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within Procurement to deliver optimum impact for the business (Procurement plan, target-costing) & Procurement targets and meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply Procurement regulations as per Compliance, organization standards and PM@Siemens.
· Analysis –Analyze scope of supply, contractual obligations and exactly understand customer’s functional needs. Identify particular Procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage / exploit potential. Provide categorization of prevailing risks at PM040
· Bid preparation / Contribution to increased hit rate – Support project calculation with reliable and up-to-data cost data. Include (supplier) innovations and preferred supplier/product portfolios that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.
· Strategy definition and implementation – Derive Procurement strategies for assigned projects in accordance with Division and BU wide Procurement strategies and ensure their implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of master contracts), as well as identify solution approaches and improvement potentials to ensure alignment with the strategic Procurement targets as well as overall business strategies.
· Negotiation – Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions e.g. Total Cost of Ownership (ToCO). Conduct eSourcing activities on the basis of ANC.
· Contract Management - Ensure that mitigation of Procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims (towards customers and suppliers) are covered in valid contracts. Ensure that contractual obligations towards the customer that must be fulfilled by supplier are covered in a way that mitigates the own risk exposure.
· Project Controlling / Reporting – Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports (e.g. for the project team, Procurement management). Proactively ensure resources availability, status, transparency and alerting of deviations.
· Supplier Management / Preferred Supplier List – Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications & project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations) and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers inregards to NCC costs.
· Knowledge management and documentation – Be proactive and forward systematically all relevant Procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners up to date. Sensitize cross-functional partners for Procurement related practices processes and metrics.
· Partner Management – Establish effective collaborative methods of working that help drive integrated supply chain involvement resulting in optimum project solutions which meet the client’s business objectives
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Years of experience -more than 10 years (6+ years with procurement from services/ mechanical and electrical components)
· Qualification- Bachelor of Engineering in any discipline (Mechanical/Electrical preferred)
· Able to understand market dynamics and commodity price
· Worked with global stakeholders and have strong stakeholder management skills
· Collaboration & Interpersonal skills
· Contractual & commercial clauses negotiation ability
· Experienced in RFx, different auctions methodologies
· Ability to draft contractual clauses on its own
· Aware of multiple sources to validate prices/benchmarking apart from RFx
· Teamwork & project management skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based out at Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations (project sites) in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time