Believe theres more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to College for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
With a history of over 160 years, Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure’s vision is to create a connected railway to deliver a carbon-neutral world. We do this by providing innovative, integrated and sustainable solutions, connecting and energising our railways for the best customer experience. We provide solutions and products for railway signal systems and electrification, and apps and back-end systems for intermodal mobility. We are the market leader in main line and mass transit rail automation, railway control systems, mobile and fixed telecommunications, electrification technology, SCADA and station systems, and intermodal solutions.
We are recruiting school and college leavers to join our apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Rail Engineering
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto a pathway, and earn a qualification.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: The likelihood is that you will spend your first year in college studying towards your qualification and we will begin integrating you into the Siemens community through work placements during the academic break.
- Year 2&3: You will formally join your regional office and will rotate around the delivery functions before specialising in one of the teams and contribute to our rail projects whilst also continuing college on a day release basis
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- With the training received and experience gained, you will be able to produce a portfolio of work-based evidence which will enable you to gain a vocational competency qualification by the end of your apprenticeship. Typically, this would be an “Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers” (IRSE) license which is recognised globally
- You will have the opportunity to develop soft skills to compliment your technical skills in the workplace
- You will be a part of the Entry Level Talent community with other ambitious young people
- You will have real responsibility and contribute towards live rail projects
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved, or be predicted to achieve, National 5 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject.Science or Technical subject.
The benefits of a Rail Engineering apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering . Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time