Be part of an award-winning company. We, Siemens Mobility, have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. Also Siemens Mobility, we put our people at the centre of everything we do. Our employees voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK in the Glassdoor Employee Choice awards 2021. Join us to help make real what matters.
We are looking for a Training and Development Specialist with experience in the rail sector. In this role you will conduct individual and group technical training courses, safety critical, operational and technical assessments for employees in the RL service business. You will monitor the effectiveness of course materials, review feedback, and modify/revise course materials as instructed. You will Complete the development of new course material. Maintain comprehensive knowledge on the application, installation, and operation of all assigned products, tools and services.
What are my responsibilities?
- Delivery of the defined training courses as agreed with the RL Training Manager and the RL Service business.
- Review course content when significant changes to fleet or train subsystems require amendments. Development of courses on business request for new fleet mobilisation or to expand current trainer portfolio.
- Agree course content with the Senior Training and Development Specialist and ensure all courses are approved in line with the departmental process. Carry out Technical Assessments as required by the Rolling Stock business.
- Use feedback from candidates and customers to review and develop course content as when appropriate.
- Using knowledge and understanding of diversity and its impact to develop materials and coordinate training accordingly.
- Maintain personal competence to ensure the delivery of training is at the best practice standard and utilising current training techniques.
- Responsible for developing required safety critical, technical and operations assessments. Carry out these assessments as defined by the relevant Competency Management System and the RL Grading Policy
- Review Apprentice NVQ via One File to ensure evidence meets the criteria.
- Collaborate with both internal and external customers.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility Understand, implement and follow the Siemens Rolling Stock HSEW policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSEW team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team. Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Technical knowledge of rolling stock engineering maintenance procedures/practices
Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Strong organisation/planning skills.Preferred:
Trainer and assessor qualifications (NVQ Level 4) - This is preferred but not essential as training will be provided
Rolling Stock technical knowledge (knowledge of class 700's would be adventageous but not essential)
Excellent knowledge of systems and software
Good understanding of diversity and its impact on trainingAbout us
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to be a part of the team here at Siemens! Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We look forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure all areas of the application form are completed to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit every individual!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time