Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Quotation preparation in whole for Power distribution products and solutions
- Coordinates with third party providers / partners, into the fold as required, and negotiates contractual requirements for third party providers, based on individual project needs
- Supports Siemens internal bid approval process including legal reviews, NDA's, EBA, etc, providing support for PM Siemens methodology
- Provide management BU leaders risk analysis and mitigation for bid proposals, associated with bid and possible solutions or recommendations, to mitigate risk
- Co-ordinate for bid submission with sales, plants, distributors, and cross business units BU
- Helps evaluate incoming bid for Go/No Go decision, based on technical requirements, as required
- providing technical product application assistance.
- Application of engineering theory to offer the ultimate solution to the customer.
- Work as a liaison to consulting company to clarify projects and validate/endorse Siemens proposed technical solution.
- Activities include providing quotation and proposals to meet customer requirements in a timely manner, kick-off meeting with stakeholders when applicable, managing changes throughout bid proposal lifecycle
- Provide technical support in change orders and project execution from a technical position
What you will need to succeed
- At least 2 years of technical experience/ quotation in Power Distribution products and solutions
- Project management experience is a strong asset
- Ability to read specifications and engineering single line schematics and drawings
- Previous inside sales knowledge
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Customer service excellence focus
- Self-managing and highly motivated to drive sales growth, with flexible demeanor, yet disciplined approach for process compliance
- Ability to do technical sales proposals with engineering solution
- Above average verbal and written communication skills to deal with both internal engineering, Order / Project Managers and others, as well as external suppliers partners and customers
- Highly self-motivated, focused, flexible, and adaptable
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Passion for excellence and continuous learning
- Self-starting team player who is results oriented and seeks business excellence and success to support the Siemens brand
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Eng. in Electrical discipline is preferred
- Detail oriented individual with strong computer skills
- Fluent in French is an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.