Discover your career with us at Siemens Industry Software Inc!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Currently we’re recruiting for our Summer 2022 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or later status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Automotive & Transportation (A&T) Internship
The A&T intern will work within the US business unit that supports Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Industrial Machinery, and Energy. The primary focus will be on projects supporting Automotive may have exposure and activities across the other industries. The majority of the project work will be supporting development of the Siemens Software showcase and experience center at LIFT in Detroit. The eXplore experience center is intended to allow prospects to see Siemens Software in action, telling a compelling story so they can understand the value of our solutions as it would be applied to business process. Work focus may include any combination of mechanical design, electrical engineering, Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), manufacturing planning, and manufacturing operations. The intern should be excited about technology application, collaborate well, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills.
The intern will engage in projects that will:
- Assist in the development of Siemens Software experience center at LIFT by combining software demonstrations with physical interactive narratives.
- Refresh and enhance presentation collateral for Digital Enterprise / Digital Thread overview customer engagements.
- Evaluate current trends in Automotive & Transportation to identify areas where Siemens Software can help bring transformation change to companies.
- Ability to develop relationships with industry and business segment teams to share understanding and learnings.
- Investigate new opportunities and recommend new strategies to provide concept demonstrations that show Siemens Software value.
- GPA of a 3.0 or higher
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
- Has completed or currently enrolled in classes related to marketing, digital marketing, communications, or related fields
- Major in Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Engineering preferred
- Strong, polished oral and written communications skills
- Basic understanding and working experience with Microsoft Office tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.