Hi, We’re Siemens Mobility! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding Straighter 1 to the team due to grown and expansion.
Get ready to Design, Build and Execute!
What you will be doing in this role:
- Prepares welded assembly, according to standard work instructions for the next assembly process.
- Understands manufacturing drawings, able to verify dimensions and welding symbols.
- Must complete all shop order documentation as required or directed.
- Removing dents or other surface imperfections or depressions.
- Straightens the outer sheathing distorted by welding by mechanical means an/or by application of a limited amount of localized heat and vacuum plates.
- Works closely with experienced straightener to complete tasks.
- Must verify work by using the proper tools and equipment such as but not limited to; straight edge, measuring tape and templates.
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship
- Expected to contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- May be requested or required to work overtime, weekends, and different shifts as business needs dictate.
- Cross training will be required to cover business needs.
- Other duties as assigned
Function / Degree Preferred:
High school education or equivalent. 1 year warehouse experience required. Must have a valid California driver's license.
Familiarity with parts and stock items is desirable. Data entry experience helpful.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in some working environments may exceed 85dB
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.