Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order power distribution equipment. The Quality Engineer is responsible for manufacturing capability, continuity and continuous improvement. This includes documentation and performance measurement of manufacturing processes, new product introduction, improvements to production lines, capital expenditures, cost savings measures and fixture design. The Manufacturing Engineer also participates in the resolution of issues and improvements to IT infrastructure and production systems. Projects owned by this position will be key components in the realization of the factory vision.
The person should be capable of:
• Perform a customer facing role with our customers
• Ensure quality controls are set, oversea tests and monitor activities.
• Monitor DPS, NCRs and implement actions to improve the number
• Reduce additional cost after delivery and quantity of complaints by implementing process improvements
• Reduce scrap and rework cost generated in the production line by the implementation of corrective actions.
• Lead Corrective actions reports and 8D for customer complaints
• Communicate main quality issues to the shop floor and assure the quality of the products
• Quarantine material when Q-Holds
• Oversee the production-related defects.
• Drive supplier performance improvement through root cause analysis & corrective action.
• Implement actions to solve ISO findings
• Review designs, changes, and plans for specifications and processes.
• Identify and implement quality improvement projects
• Maintain a high level of consistency and final quality for all parts manufactured.
• Provide monthly inspection data and quality assurance reports to senior management.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Improve safety for all personnel that work in and around production lines
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase productivity
- Performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Identification and management of improvement projects that may require capital expenditures, contractors, cost savings calculations, CAD design and physical installation work
- Work with digitalization team to implement tools such as Digital Work Instructions, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
- Facility and maintenance improvements related to production areas
- Maintain accurate production line drawings and convert to 3D
- Production line changes related to new product introduction
What you will need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
2. Integrated management system: ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
3. Problem-solving techniques
4. Root cause and corrective action techniques
5. Knowledge of metrology techniques for inspection and validation of parts
6. In-depth understanding of agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
9. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
What will put you ahead of the pack:
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes
- Experience with computer programming and/or database management
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system
- 6 Sigma certification
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.