Manager - EHS
Aurangabad | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Execution & implementation of field deliveries of SCADA/Telecom with assigned team.
- EHS function responsibility for Factory; Maharashtra, Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines and organisation requirements
- Provide visible, strong, and active EHS leadership within the location, acting as a champion for Zero Harm and Wellbeing for safe working environment.
- Drive Implementation & monitoring of EHS Management system according to International Standards (ISO 14001 & ISO 45001).
- Implementation of EHS Policy, guidelines, procedures & compliance to legal requirements.
- Organize & conduct monthly Safety round & meeting with Factory manager.
- Selection, evaluation & performance monitoring of Contractors working in factories including a system of penalties & incentives. Develop contractors through consistent engagement.
- Identify training needs, plan, and organize training programme on EHS at different levels.
- Plan and conduct EHS assessment of the factory & take corrective/preventive actions promptly.
- Identify near misses, unsafe acts & unsafe conditions and ensure corrective /preventive actions. Analyse UA/UC trends for underlying issues, suggest corrective measures & follow up for compliance.
- Incident/Accident reporting and communication (escalation), investigation, analysis & recommendation of corrective & preventive actions.
- Periodic reviewing of Emergency preparedness plan & carrying out mock drills. Advise SRE on improvement areas in maintaining fire detection/firefighting system & associated infrastructure. Coordination with internal & external partners on emergency preparedness.
- Engage with the other process owners & Dept Heads for effective participation on EHS implementation.
- Co-ordinate with Factory Heads, Business Units & Op Co EHS Head, including Health Management on specific EHS tasks assigned.
- Ensure compliance to the EHS & legal requirements in layout changes, changes in manufacturing processes, factory expansion etc. Liaison with authorities as required on approvals/ EHS compliance. Analyses and reports on changes in relevant EHS laws and regulations and recommend changes for internal standards.
- Timely reporting of incident & corrective actions, Quentic, SESIS, EHS dashboard etc & ensure necessary compliance.
- Effective communication & implementation of lessons learnt through Safety alerts, UA UC, audit findings.
- Advice on usage of PPEs, tools, tackles, equipment & device appropriate to the nature of work & application.
- Act on employee complaints relating to Health, Safety or Welfare, communicate through the relevant company channels and bring to the attention of the concerned authorities as required.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 7-10 years along with bachelor’s degree in electrical/electronic/Mechanical engineering or Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety recognized by State Technical Board of Education
- Certified Lead/ Internal Auditor of ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Knowledge of applicable EHS statutory requirements.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Aurangabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time