Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens Industry Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
About the role
An experienced PreSales consultant is required to join the Simcenter CFD * technical team to provide support to prospects and customers in EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa).
The Simcenter CFD Portfolio encompasses the following major industry-leading products :
- STAR-CCM+ is a multidisciplinary platform for the simulation of products operating under real-world conditions
- FLOEFD is a CAD-embedded CFD solution allowing Customers explore the full potential of their ideas quickly, without disrupting their design process
- Flotherm & Flotherm XT are electronics cooling simulation software’s, connecting Mechanical-CAD and Electronics-CAD workflows to significantly shorten the thermal design process.
- HEEDS automates and accelerates analysis workflows and engineering design space exploration process
The role, reports into the EMEA Centre of Excellence (CoE)
Areas of responsibility
The role is an opportunity to be at the forefront of companies’ innovative usage of simulation in industrial or research environment. This position will require the delivery of expertise in the application of Simcenter CFD in various industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Chemical Process, Energy industries… And dealing with diverse application areas such as Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer, Electro-chemistry, Combustion, Multiphase flows, Fluid-Structure interactions, design space exploration, etc…
In this role, you will:
- Interact with prospective and current clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of their challenges and objectives, then establishing engineering solutions to improve their CAE* (Computer Aided Engineering) workflow and results in terms of performance, accuracy and robustness
- Use all aspects of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics): CAD (Computer Aided Design) handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other simulation codes…
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments. Support requests could include: collaboration on customer-facing marketing campaigns and sales initiatives; delivering demonstrations; conducting benchmark and validation studies; assuming responsibility for software trials by potential clients within their environment; responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
- Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating Simcenter CFD products in a sales pursuit, in the context of a particular customer’s business needs, with an emphasis on business value and customer’s benefits for their product development processes
- Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including delivery of training courses and customized mentoring
- Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of our Simcenter CFD products capabilities and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Siemens PLM Software’s Product Management any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work effectively to achieve capability improvements
- Perform competitive analysis and liaise with Siemens PLM Software’s product management team, Portfolio Development and Sales Management to promote customer-focused innovation and identify market trends and future potential markets
Qualifications & Experience
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Strong experience in Application Engineering
- French & English language spoken and written to a high level of proficiency
- You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to, project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
- Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to operate and travel away for short periods
- Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
- Strong organizational skills
- MSc or PhD in fluid mechanics or related technical discipline
Knowledge in the following would be advantageous:
- STAR-CCM+, FLOEFD, Flotherm, Flotherm XT, Battery Design Studio or HEEDS products or other CFD codes or automation/optimization products and an understanding of how, where and why they are used in industry
- A particular industry knowledge is an asset
- Experience in PreSales
- CAD packages (e.g. NX, Solid Edge…)
- Codes to which CFD can be coupled (e.g. FEA, motion, 1D simulation tools, or optimization codes)
- Other Simcenter products (AMESIM, Simcenter 3D, etc)
- Other Language
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software SAS
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time