Senior Scrum Master
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
As a Scrum Master, you will partner closely with the technical lead of each project to make sure that the priorities, risks, resources, and schedule are managed well and adjusted when necessary. You will use your solid technical background and your prioritization skills to guide team conversations about the scope of the work being done and potential paths. Your strong communication skills will help keep everyone on the same page and make sure everyone is heard.
- Track progress and help the team achieve their commitments
- Progress is monitored daily when problems are identified, work with the team to develop corrective actions
- Manage and report the status of scope, schedule, etc.
- Ensure team members understand processes and support the team to ensure they are followed
- Ensure product quality expectations are defined and known across the team
- Collaborate with the team in scheduling work, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt
- Work with the technical team and product owner balancing the interests of both when issues arise
- Remove impediments allowing the team to focus on engineering tasks
- Take the lead on resolving conflicts within the team removing any roadblocks to collaboration
- Guide project team meetings including sprint pre/planning meetings, daily scrum, and sprint review meetings
- Facilitate retrospective discussions and support continuous improvement efforts
- Limit the external interference the team must deal with
- Creative problem solving in quickly bringing issues to resolution
- Fosters an environment that emphasizes knowledge sharing and group participation
- Lead in the absence of organizational authority and demonstrate empathy and stewardship
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required.
- Certified Scrum Master qualification from a reputed organization: CSM from Scrum Alliance, SAFe Certified Scrum Master or ACP from PMI
- Ability to tackle difficult issues and handle strong personalities
- Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams
- Must excel at decision making, conflict management
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Outstanding, proactive communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile project management in a hands-on role.
- Knowledge of approaches in the Agile space: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, etc.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption. (Candidates hired to work in USA
- Hands-on experience on Jira and Central; collaboration tools including Wiki and Google docs
- SAFe certification is a plus
- PMP Certification is a plus
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.