Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Sr. Software Engineer
Siemens Medical Solutions, SYNGO R&D US Cardiology Team, has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer in the area of cardiology image reading and reporting software. The cardiology team delivers trend-setting cardiology software applications for medical image analysis and reporting used worldwide by cardiologists and other medical professionals. Our syngo Dynamics product is in use at 4 of the top 5 cardiology hospitals in the US as ranked by the recent US News & world report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cardiology-and-heart-surgery
Based on site at Cleveland Clinic the Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for team-driven systems software development, conduct full range of software engineering tasks including architectural analysis, database design, coding, testing, and documentation for an N-tier object-oriented medical image analysis and reporting solution.
Our diverse team of Software Engineers plays an integral part in the development lifecycle, providing input to the design, development and deployment of syngo Dynamics products. Become part of a team committed to providing our clinicians with the highest quality software that supports patient-centric care. The syngo Dynamics enterprise level solution comprises servers, thick clients, web clients and mobile device clients. Less than 10 % travel with occasion international travel
• Understand the business needs and the technology for achieving the required performance, scalability and reliability of a software system.
• Identify ways to optimize and improve the software system
• Verify the achievement of these improvements in test environments as well as in real world production deployments
• Collaborate with the development team to refine and refactor as appropriate to meet the system goals
Education and Skills
• Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline
• Experienced software developer or previous systems engineering experience
• The candidate must have development experience in C++ or C#
• Experience working in VMware virtual environment
• Integration experience with third party application using DICOM, HL7, FHIRcast
• Experience in the development of software applications in intercultural and multi-site environments
• Prior Healthcare IT or software application development experience is preferred.
• Experience with Agile development approaches such as Scrum is a strong plus.
• The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator with a proven ability to facilitate technical discussions.
• Strong analytic analysis and problem-solving ability is required.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.