Our Commissioning Engineer will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel or electrical locomotives, coaches or even full train consists. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over North America. The Field Service group is working close together with our customers, all Siemens Mobility Departments worldwide and our Field Service Teams on Site. The main goal of the Commissioning Engineer is to work with our complete Siemens team to engineer, build, thoroughly test and commission our products to achieve high customer satisfaction and a reliable product. You will be planning, preparing, instrumenting and executing tests on our rail vehicles as well as writing test reports.
- Develop an expert role in commissioning of Siemens Electric and Diesel Locomotives and passenger coach cars.
- Develop an expert role in combining Locomotive and Coach commissioning into a trainset approach.
- Develop detailed technical testing plans for upcoming projects and create detailed test reports for system qualification during commissioning process.
- Identify and drive the purchase of equipment and tooling required for commissioning.
- Collaborate with Siemens Engineering, Production, Scheduling, Project Management and Quality Management to streamline commissioning processes.
- Provide technical expertise to field service teams.
- Develop commissioning schedules and track progress against schedule
- Mentor Field Service Technicians on commissioning best practices.
- Contribute and communicate technical feedback to Engineering to drive optimal reliability and maintainability of the product.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
- At least five years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of above
- Complex product commissioning experience.
- Leadership skills showing the ability to counsel, coach, develop, and motivate staff.
- Teambuilding and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple systems and develop core competencies beyond engineering field of study.
- Strong skills in reading schematics.
- Willingness to take a “hands on” approach to commissioning.
- Ability to learn new software programs in a continuously evolving environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Rail industry field service or commissioning experience
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.