Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for developing, modifying, testing and evaluating materials of steam turbine components
- Providing technical advice about the suitability of materials & diagnosing faults
- Advising on, planning, and organizing special inspections, maintenance, and repairs
- Address materials and process concerns from suppliers, manufacturing, and customers.
- Interpret results and provide design change solution and optimize the design
- Support SQM team in qualification of special processes/ alternate processes
- Support Cost and Value team from materials and process optimization
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE/B.Tech (Mechanical – any Govt. Engineering college) with CGPA > 8.0 OR ME/MTech with CGPA > 8.0
- Minimum 7 years of Engineering experience in materials and failure analysis.
- Strong fundamentals in material – this will be the key assessment point.
- Relevant experience in Steam or Gas turbines will be of an added advantage
- Basic know how on commodities i.e. Casting, Machining, Forging and Fabrication
- Excellent knowledge about usage of components
- Self-driven individual contributor
- Good skills in MS-Office
- Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
- Be comfortable in travelling to suppliers frequently (40%) to drive improvement and ready to hand hold supplier for development
- Certification in NDT at least Level-II would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time