Believe there is more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a degree whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens. Not really sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here
to find out.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground-breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Mobility Ltd help to solve the problems of increasing traffic by working with railway operators to improve the capacity, punctuality and security of their systems. We also ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum. Within our Mobility division, you will be part of a team helping to design solutions and systems which have a real impact on the real world.
Our degree apprenticeship programmes typically last for 3-4 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to ensure you are a fully productive member of our workforce and are able to contribute to real-life projects and work at Siemens. To support you, you'll have 20% of your working week specifically allocated to studying for your degree which you will be paid for as part of your apprenticeship
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this apprenticeship:
- Work the Fleet Technical Team and our local depot teams to deliver safe and reliable trains every day
- Support the customer service engineering organisation delivering engineering work packages required to support operation of our fleets
- Learn how the business operates and how the engineering processes are applied to ensure efficient and safe delivery of our works.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) including maths and one other STEM subject at grade C or above.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £20,000 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
Not sure whether to go for a degree apprenticeship or take the university route? Click here
to watch a video of one of our recruiters and her mum talking about the different options.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time