Siemens Mobility Limited currently have some fantastic opportunities for Mechanical Rolling Stock Engineers to join our growing Engineering team. The Rolling Stock Engineer - Wheelsets will provide engineering leadership, supporting a variety of train systems with a particular focus on railway wheelsets and underframe equipment. As part of the Engineering Services Team, you will provide expert-level support for overhaul activities. As a rapidly expanding team, we have scope for the successful candidates to be site-based at the Bogie Service Centre, Lincoln, UK.
What are my responsibilities?
- Undertake investigations of local and multi-fleet engineering issues.
- Mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues ensuring no additional risks are imported to the operational railway
- Lead investigations into Safety Related Defects / Technical Incidents
- Develop modification procedures required to improve safety and performance issues.
- Provide engineering expertise to support the development of maintenance optimisation, component overhaul and repair regimes. Utilising standard engineering tools e.g. RAMS.
- Production of specifications for engineering activities.
- Production of risk assessments and business cases to support engineering recommendations as required.
- Undertake component condition assessments to support the development and improvement of rolling stock maintenance regimes.
- Produce recommendations for re-engineering and repair processes as applicable.
- Provision of on-site engineering support to key suppliers in support of on-going activities.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience of rolling stock maintenance, planning and IT systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures.
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities.
- In-depth knowledge of passenger or freight railway wheelsets
- Relevant Engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Good communication skills written & oral.
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status.
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time