Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Carry out life assessment calculations to improve assets life. The asset could be a Boiler (10~500MW), Compressor (3~20MW), Steam Turbine (5~500MW) or Gas Turbine (5~50MW)
• You have a sound understanding of creep and low cycle fatigue. Issues arising because of operation of power plant at lower loads on deformation of components. Be able to assess cracks on components of Steam Turbine or Boiler and report the remaining life for re-use of such components.
• Experience in carrying out FMEA and Root Cause Analysis of deformations in thick wall components. Should be able to carry out independent finite element calculations or perform hand calculations to check validity.
• Have ability to think through the plant processes to realize untapped potential.
• Have a deeper understanding for startup and shutdown processes and will be able to drive for optimization of startup time and behavior.
• Target oriented and able to handle highly complex agile environment like startups. Be digital savvy and challenge status quo.
• Have growth mindset to work with multiple stakeholders within Siemens and outside
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• You hold at least bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• You should be able to work in startup like environment with go get-done attitude.
• You are able to convert idea to reality from concept to market.
• You possess strong networking and negotiation skills.
• You are fluent for effective business communication in English.
• You consider travelling as an integral part of the job and you are ready to frequently travel for short duration customer meetings
• You understand various finite element tools such as Ansys.
• You have minimum 5 years of work experience in fatigue calculations.
• You should be able to carry out life assessment of thick wall components such as Boiler, Turbine
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time