System Technician – Smart Buildings - Fire Alarm & Life Safety
A Sign-On Bonus will be paid to you if you are hired.
Are you looking for a career were showcasing a technical aptitude and passion for problem solving will ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.Come join us! We will train and mentor you and offer you advancement opportunities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This entry-level position assists with commercial fire alarm system installation and commissioning, ensuring that all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. You will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position reports to the local Supervisor and takes direction from a mentor and Lead Technician.
- Assist with the commissioning (installation and programming) of new fire alarm systems on construction sites. Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress. Assist with testing and inspecting of existing fire alarm systems. Read and understand design and construction documents
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician, and Team Leader. Complete commissioning within planned timelines. Submit accurate time and expense logs. Work overtime when needed.
- Enforce to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products; 2+ years preferred. Experience in programming, computer builds, or video game programming is desired-we will train you on the job.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire, use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.