This position can be based in any major U.S. city.
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Smart Infrastructure helps to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the Enterprise Electrical Data Center Program at their designated account(s). They must ensure that Enterprise Electrical is an indispensable, trusted partner to the client, delivering on the contractual scope of services, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction across the program. These programs focus on the implementation and startup of low / medium power distribution systems at our Hyperscale customers. Activities include planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final completion.
- The Program Manager’s daily activities may include strategic and operational meetings with key client contacts, oversight of Project Managers, working with assigned colleagues in other internal teams, and handling any escalations. Specific activities will vary based on client and location.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews, pre-job walks and scoping, and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyze available one-line drawings and site documentation, plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
- Manage the development of project plans, in advance of project activity, ensuring effective execution by the Project Managers. Participate in on-site program management as necessary to monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting tools and work with team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive mastery of all day-to-day and strategic operational functions that are required to service the client.
- Partner closely with Client Services to introduce new services to the client and for support and guidance on program delivery, issue resolution, and account management.
- Manage and provide continuous improvement initiatives.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, engineering, or project management of low / medium voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview; 5+ years preferred
- 5+ years of previous management experience in business development/client management.
- PMP Certification preferred
- NETA or NICET Certification preferred
- Travel: 35%
- Strategic Thinking and Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.