Siemens Financial Services is currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Analyst based in Stoke Poges. As Financial Reporting Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner to our Parent company/Directors/Senior management and other UK Regulatory bodies, as well as providing commentary on those transactions. You will also be key to our process improvement and building in further efficiencies in our existing processes via a series of automation methods such as RPA, VBA and SQL. This is a great opportunity to make the role your own.
What are my responsibilities?
• Prepare various reporting and regulatory information to a wide range of external stakeholders (FCA, ONS, Auditors, Companies House etc)
• Ensure we adhere to the guidelines set out by the regulatory bodies and those of the internal controls framework.
• Preparation of monthly analysis including movements on P&L and Balance Sheet along with rationale for the movement
• Report the figures in Esprit and Hyperion. Reconciling the figures that we have on the ledger to the figures we present to Munich and management.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation for the balance sheet accounts, investigate and resolve issues therein
• Work with the systems we operate and to understand how they link into each other. Being able to assess the areas for improvement and then proactively act on this.
• Be a key member of the finance team, be prepared to proactively investigate ad hoc queries that come into the finance department
• Proactively seek to improve the efficiency of the business as well as the finance department through process improvement.
• Embrace the Finance department’s goal to become more of a business partner to each department of the business so we are involved at the beginning of transactions rather than towards the end.
• Be comfortable dealing with large amounts of data and databases in general. To work with the system delivery team to assist in the migration of operating systems due to commence in 2021
What do I need to qualify for the role?
• Strong IFRS knowledge ideally recently qualified/part qualified or with relevant experience
• Able to communicate complex and technical issues to non-accountants
• Good grasp of IT and strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Process improvement experience – ideally via the use of VBA/RPA/SQL
• You will need to interact well with not only the finance team members but also with other members of the business across various departments.
• Excellent communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of leasing, banking and funding would be an advantage, with confidence in own ability to lead change management process
• Appreciation of accounting entries, system interfaces and familiarity with profit & loss and balance sheet accounts would be preferable
• Methodical and diligent approach with discipline of working to tight deadlines within a team environment
• Strong attention to detail and service ethos
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time