We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world. The Leader is responsible for ensuring compliant import and export activities including without limitation, adherence to applicable National and International regulations, as well as ensuring compliance with Siemens corporate policies. Moreover, the Leader is also responsible to ensure an adequate control and compliant performance of duty deferral programs.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Operational strategy deployment and alignment within Customs-MX.
- Responsible for the oversight of import and export team activities and Non tariff barriers compliance.
- Coordinate customs processing & Customs Broker activities for all import /export operations performed by Siemens MX (air, land & sea), including amendments, to ensure accuracy of import and export documentation.
- Control and monitoring of the Corporate and legal record retention policies, ensuring the documental/transactional compliance and availability of import/export trade related files
- Supervise and Monitor a full-compliant IMMEX management, for his/her production locations, as well as, make sure of a fully controlled process to adequately manage Annexes 24 & 31, and also ensure the timely payment of deferred duties as required o Report operational trade compliance effectiveness and timely report of risks associated with the Import-Export operations
- Provide procedural guidance to trade operations and assist personnel in resolving import and export issues.
- Develop, maintain, improve and implement Customs and International trade compliance procedures as required.
- Continuous monitoring of the Customs performance (trade compliance and efficiency) indicators for the Import-Export function.
- Collaborate with the other Customs areas to achieve annual targets and full task segregation according to the Customs principles.
- Ensure customs processing & Customs Broker coordination for virtual operations & temporary imports performed by Siemens MX.
- Degree on International Trade or related field.
- Experience: 5- 8 years experience in international trade and customs laws in multi-national business or Mexico Customs.
- Knowledge: Operational experience and full IMMEX expertise is mandatory. Subject matter expert on Mexican Customs Trade Law framework. Advanced use of Customs software solutions (Global Trade Management). Business Continuity strategy and Management of remotely located groups (even located remotely).
- Languages: Advanced English required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Organization: Supply Chain Management
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time