Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Global Head of Magnetic Resonance Product Software Research & Development
Your tasks and responsibilities:
· You will lead the Magnetic Resonance Research & Development global software development teams in Erlangen (D), as well as in Shenzhen (CN) and you will have functional management responsibility for the Siemens Healthineers development center in Bangalore (IND)
· You will be responsible for state-of-the-art agile and efficient software development for the operation of MR systems, as well as clinical imaging in the field of magnetic resonance from acquisition through to processing
· You will develop and coordinate the budget of the software department in close collaboration with the commercial department and as an integral part of the Product Lifecycle Management process
· You will independently develop the goals for the teams in your area of responsibility, along the overarching business and product strategy
· You have extensive knowledge of agile development methods and will work in cross-functional teams with other R&D departments in Germany, the USA and India, as well as global product management and customer services, to maximize business success
· You will be part of the R&D management team, in which you will represent all issues of relevance to the software development teams, as well as the processes underlying these topics
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/magnetic-resonance-imaging
Your qualifications and experience:
· You have a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, medical engineering or a comparable discipline
· You have many years of professional experience in the development of complex medical software or software platforms, as well as in the leadership and coaching of agile development teams
· You have many years of experience in distributed software development and outsourcing, feel comfortable in an international environment and ideally have gained leadership experience abroad yourself (preferably in India)
· You have extensive knowledge of development processes, preferably in a regulated medical technology market environment, as well as extensive experience in agile software development
Your attributes and skills:
· You are fluent in spoken and written English; good knowledge of German would be an advantage
· You have many years of experience in collaborating with interdisciplinary development teams which have been set up internationally
· You are passionate about coaching and developing diverse people in a multicultural environment
· Your personal qualities include a talent for motivating people, communication skills, assertiveness, initiative, a strategic mindset, and a focus on quality and agility
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time