Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Procurement Engineer Professional. Role is based at our manufacturing site in Swords, Co Dublin, Ireland.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Procurement Engineer you will:- Work within a dynamic engineering change environment, actively supporting New Product Introductions and engineering design change activities to ensure optimization in terms of part design/manufacturing technology/supplier selection decisions
- Promote the use of supplier innovation and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DfMA ) into product designs through Early Supplier Involvement (ESI)
- Lead Design to Cost (DtC) and Value Engineering (VE) exercises with suppliers and Siemens engineering to drive cost optimization
- Conduct RfQ competitive exercises to identify lowest Total Cost of Ownership (ToCO) sources to achieve the target costs for materials and products, based on defined commodity strategies
- Initiate and project manage major part resourcing activities, while assuring continuity of supply
- Work with procurement, R&D, manufacturing operations, quality & engineering to deliver product and supply base improvements to meet business needs
- Implement supplier changes to reduce risk and costs, improve performance and optimize parts/supplier sourcing
This position may suit you best if would like to do develop your career with Healthineers and the description below sounds like you!
- Overall ability to combine technical skills, with a keen interest in commercial and supply chain aspects
- Understanding of various supplier manufacturing technologies and commodities, such as metal fabrication, metal machining, plastic molding, PCBA, cables, optics, and fluidics
- Ability to influence supplier selection decisions at a Site and Strategic Procurement level
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers
- Strong project management skills and the ability to initiate and lead supplier optimization projects on a cross-functional and cross-site basis
- Problem solving, planning and analytical skills. Ability to collate and analyze large amounts of data for decision making
- Excellent oral communications, business writing skills and presentation skills
- Self-directing, goal oriented and able to prioritize workload in an Agile environment
- Team player who can build strong and influential relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
Requirements to succeed in this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related Science discipline (QQI level 8). Consideration will also be given to individuals with a Business, Procurement or Supply Chain degree with extensive relevant technical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience within a Procurement/Technical capacity, preferably within an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment. Manufacturing engineering experience an advantage.
- Understanding of best practices in ESI, DfMA, DtC, VE and Engineering Change management
- Strong interest to develop experience in terms of suppliers, materials, technologies, and manufacturing processes
- Established commercial mind-set with the ability to assess and conclude business decisions and agreements with suppliers
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
This role will report to the NPI Procurement Program Manager.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time