We have an exciting opportunity for 2 enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Health & Safety Advisors with an appetite to fully utilise their knowledge in Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability on a high value Railway Station series of projects.
One of the vacancies will be working within the Station Information and Security Systems (SISS) portfolio within the CIS Business (Communication Information Systems) and working on flagship projects within London and Sussex such as London Managed Stations (LMS). There will also be a need to travel to our offices in Ashby.
The 2nd vacancy is working in an operational live rail project for Northern City Line ECDP (East Coast Digital Programme). This vacancy will be based in north London.
- Responsible for the EHS&S programmes ensuring communication, awareness, implementation of EHS&S standards and procedures within the designated areas
- Work closely with Project teams in their delivery of Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability duties & compliance
- Build solid professional relationships with the clients and other contractors HSE team on projects
- Provide adequate support to risk assessment, work package plans, briefing notes and EHS site inductions
- Provide advice and guidance on welfare, fire safety and first aid
- Provide advice and guidance in the preparation of Environmental Management documentation. Support any Environmental meetings and any actions arising
- Support or lead any accident or incident investigation as required. Review all accident and incident reports with management and ensure any actions arising are communicated and implemented
- Ensure swift communications of any Hazards, potential unsafe conditions to the project and escalate as need be
- Strongly support and complete EHS inspections of the workplace. Drive cultural monitoring activities in the business and seek opportunities to mentor. Ensure correct reporting and recording is completed
- Plan and deliver audits and ensure any actions are chased up to completion
- Provide EHS training and mentoring as required
- Support any plans and documentation for emergency planning (control of potential safety and environmental emergencies)
- Provide guidance on Occupational Health and work with our Occupational Health team on any campaigns
- Ensure reporting of the Project KPI’s to the company and client
- Conducting sustainability project duties
What qualifications and experience will you need
- NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ 5 or an equivalent relevant to the role
- Actively engaged in CPD with a relevant professional body
- Auditor qualification
- Membership of a recognised environmental professional body
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environment processes, standards and improvement techniques
- Experience of using a range of tools and techniques to drive continual improvement
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- SISS and Railway Station experience
- Based within the M25 area or nearby
- PTS Sentinel competence
- PASMA / IPAF experience
- Confined space work experience
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time