A Software Engineer is required to join the R&D Department to deliver ground-breaking signalling system software-based products.
The Software Engineer will be expected to undertake requirements analysis, architecting and design of the work in a core team of software engineers in a dynamic development environment providing high value early lifecycle development capability for both safety-critical and safety-related software developments. The focus of the team will be on producing software solutions, performing all parts of the development lifecycle. The team will use a mix of traditional and agile techniques to manage risk and ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
The Software Engineer provides a technical role responsible for requirements analysis, software architecture, design, code, and test, and problem analysis on high-value safety-critical and safety-related projects.
What are my responsibilities?
- Requirements analysis and specification of high-level software design
- Development and implementation of software design
- Code and test
- Requirements analysis
- Design using structured techniques
- Development of test specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
- Report on progress as required
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Graduate in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience would also be considered (essential)
- Proficient in C# or C or C++ (essential)
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly (essential)
- Knowledge of configuration management and control practices (essential)
- Good inter-personal skills (essential)
- Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software to SIL4 level
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum)
- Knowledge of UML for software design
- Knowledge of cloud computing (Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of Source control tools - Git, Synergy
- Knowledge of Windows software
- Willingness to occasionally travel overseas
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time