Quality Testing Technician – Llanberis
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Quality Testing Technician to join our Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern manufacturing and distribution facility in Llanberis, Wales. The facility, located in the Snowdonia National Park, manufactures and distributes reagents used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
As a Quality Testing Technician, you will operate and maintain complex equipment and the Quality Testing/ Technical Operation testing process in-line with all associated procedural and health and safety requirements alongside any work instructions. You will work with a team of 8 people to deliver the testing that the business requires to the right quality at the right time.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/laboratory-diagnostics
Your mission and responsibilities:
· Operating and maintaining complex equipment and processes following all associated procedures and flag any equipment outside calibration or specification.
· Completing procedural and Quality documents accurately and in a timely manner.
· Conducting quality and inspection checks and pay due care and attention to all practical techniques and results.
· Prioritise daily tasks such as assays, checks, data manipulations and computer transactions to ensure that all are completed within the allocated timeframe.
· Ensure all Quality Testing and Technical Operations tests are performed correctly and that any data is entered accurately. Ensuring that any issues which occur during testing are flagged to a supervisor.
· Support continuous improvement activities to ensure that output, quality and any other scorecard targets are achieved.
· Ensure that all work and general activities are conducted in line with Health and Safety requirements and consideration.
· Maintain a clean and tidy work area to ensure that all activities are carried out in line with GMP, GDP and GLP within the testing laboratory.
· The successful individual must have excellent attention to detail and be capable of working in a high pressure environment.
Please note this position involves working a rotating shift of 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
Your qualifications and skills:
• BSc or equivalent in a relevant science-based degree.
• Experience of Immunoassays and familiarity with the use of computers is desirable.
• The Technical Operations department works to GLP and GMP and to strict deadlines requiring the candidate to have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team.
• This role involves contact with many other groups within the Siemens Wales site therefore it is important that all Technical Operations Technicians have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail, time management skills and teamwork.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services. In Llanberis, Siemens Healthineers is the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagents, used in IMMULITE blood analysers to aid the diagnoses and treatment for patients – more information can be found here.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- A competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Company car
- 26 days annual holidays
- Access to our flexible benefits including dental cover, gym memberships and many more
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time