The Siemens SIAC R&D site in Johnson City, TN has an opportunity for a software engineer. Our supportive, motivated team is expanding its efforts to bring Industrial Automation software solutions forward with modern tools and development environments. Our team has a high degree of ownership over what we make, how we make it, and how we deliver it. We work with stakeholders domestically and internationally to elicit requirements and bring the right solutions to our customers!Position Overview
Join us to help drive automation engineering into the Information Technology domain!Key Responsibilities
Leads the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software used in industrial control and diagnostics. The engineer will work in an agile development environment with a team focused on delivering effective and robust software solutions for Siemens customers.
The engineer will work with both domestic and international stakeholders, which may directly include product owners, project managers, and architects. They must be proficient in problem solving and learning new technologies when needed. They must be driven to make progress in the face of uncertainty. They will provide task and technical direction for their teammates.Mandatory skills
- Strong leadership qualities to jump into areas of uncertainty and blaze a path for others
- Substantial experience in design, implementation, and testing of software
- Able to analyze complex customer requirements to propose and estimate technical solutions
- Able to analyze complex technical problems and provide solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both a technical and management audience
- Provide day-to-day technical direction for other engineers in their immediate team
The candidate will work daily with several core technologies. Existing experience is an advantage, but the right candidate will be open to learning.
- .NET Core and related technology
- Industrial automation products and systems
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies and best practices
- Education: BS in Computer Science (or related) degree or higher
- ~5-8 years of software engineering experience
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail; self-motivated
- Able to work efficiently in a local team and a larger team around the globe
- 5-10% domestic or international travel
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.