The Benefits Consultant is a subject matter expert specializing in U.S. Health & Group Benefits (H&GB), including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, wellness, and FSA plans. This position reports directly to the Manager of Corporate Health & Group Benefits Programs while supporting the development and ongoing administration of these benefit plans and policies, analysis of current benefits trends, and compliance with legislative requirements and programs. The individual acts as a “bridge” between the expert benefits function and the Siemens businesses, assists with the consultation and handling of complex/sensitive issues, training and communications, as well as union support. As needed, this role also provides support for benefits related MA&D activities. Internal Siemens contact is up to and including the Head of People & Organization (P&O). External contact is with consultants, carriers, other benefits vendors, third party administrators and trade organizations.
- Works with the Manager, Corporate H&GB Programs to formulate cost conscious benefit strategies and examine Siemens competitive position
- Provides subject matter expertise and executive consultation to senior leadership around benefits strategy, trends, costs to gain business alignment
- Supports the development, design, implementation, and administration of existing and enhanced benefit programs along with related communications
- Handles special benefits projects including benefits responses to emergency situations, such as, natural disasters
- Provides P&O Business Partners with training, communications, and tools in support of benefits activity/inquiry (e.g., open enrollment support, on-boarding support, union negotiations, etc.)
- Responsible for vendor management, including leading vendor meetings, annual reviews, and the RfP vendor selection process
- Partners with the plan record keeper and internal parties in administering benefit plans
- In close collaboration with legal counsel, maintains and interprets plan documents and Summary Plan Description (SPD) language
- Provides compliance oversight and monitors/communicates legislative updates; researches and resolves complex benefits issues
- Supports MA&D benefits related activities
- Works with an eye toward continuous improvement and proactively provides thoughtful recommendations
- BS / BA Required
- Minimum 8 years experience with Health & Group Benefits
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Must possess strong knowledge of H&GB plans, including plan designs & pricing strategies
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA, Medicare and IRS regulations
- Strong attention to detail with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to support multiple projects concurrently and prioritize rapidly in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate benefits information across a large organization
- Proven ability to independently manage large, challenging vendors and projects with successful outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and is team-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience mentoring others a plus
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.