The Social Media Specialist works within the U.S. Corporate Communications Corporate Messaging team that’s charged with message development, content creation and digital channel management to grow and protect Siemens’ brand and reputation in the company’s largest regional market.
The Social Media Specialist will provide daily monitoring across the company’s corporate social media channels while writing and editing content for Siemens USA channels. This position will serve as lead copywriter for daily and rapid turnaround social media content requests to amplify announcements and positive media coverage, as well as provide executive support by writing and suggesting social content for company leadership, including our U.S. CEO. We are looking for someone who can translate industry-specific, technical materials into engaging, educational brand storytelling campaigns across Siemens USA social media channels, spanning Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Social Media Specialist will collaborate with the Social Media Content lead while reporting to the Head of Corporate Messaging. This role will also involve collaborating with colleagues in Corporate Communications and throughout the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mine and adapt speeches, podcasts, briefing materials, message frameworks, press releases, web pages and media hits to create content for USA channels
- Generate, edit, publish and share content daily
- Ensure copy is error-free, crisp and concise, and conforms to best practices stylistically
- Develop expertise in Siemens USA business, its related industries and the company’s core topics to increase relevance and quality of social media content
- Collaborate across departments to provide executive support for social media campaigns and opportunities
- Ensure content is aligned with core topics and company brand
- Engage in social media listening and community engagement
- Stay up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
- Coordinate with creative services team to ensure social media copy and stories are enhanced by compelling multimedia assets.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field required; Advanced degree / or relevant education or work experience may be substituted. Prior internship experience in a corporate communications department.
- One plus years of proven experience in writing and editing executive communications content
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Capability in researching, planning and developing high-quality, engaging social media communications
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and editing
- Ability to simplify complex subjects and write in plain language
- Ability to apply creative approaches to increasing engagement with Siemens USA’s social media posts
- Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success developing relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions
Why you’ll love working at Siemens!
* Competitive compensation based on qualifications
* Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
* Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
* Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
* Career development opportunities
* Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
* Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.