Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, a Siemens business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As an Aftermarket Standard Project Quote and COMPAS Knowledge Base Specialist with the world’s most respected manufacturer of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, your role is critical in driving customer satisfaction from quote request through order entry. You will work to ensure that quotes are accurate and timely, that orders are entered correctly upon receipt, and that customer experience is nothing short of stellar.
Every day, you will contribute to making the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will part of a team providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Develop quotations for projects based on requirements provided by our customers. Your focus will be on:
- ATS (automatic transfer switches) opportunities that come from the distributor rep sales force.
- Preventative Maintenance work on existing gear in the field.
- Aftermarket parts support on existing equipment.
- Serve as Knowledge Base Specialist for COMPAS (Siemens’ quote management tool). Train internal and external users on proper use of the tool, and work with the COMPAS developers on improvements and enhancements. COMPAS improvements will take the form of:
- Collaboration with Product Management to create standard part numbers for high-volume items and subsequent addition to the COMPAS tool.
- A quotation tool for preventative maintenance that can be used by third-party partners (distributor sales reps) to identify and price opportunities.
- Close collaboration with Engineering and Field Service teams to identify what is serviceable in the field--then building this knowledge into the COMPAS database.
- Creation of a field service labor database from past projects that allows for better accuracy of quoting future similar modifications.
- Enter orders accurately, providing customers and Engineering with technical requirements necessary to build/complete the project.
- Assist customers and distributor rep force with applications assistance, including Switchgear modifications, ATS modifications, field services, and preventative maintenance.
- Provide technical application assistance for applications of switchgear and ATS modifications.
- Discuss, interpret, review, and provide technical solutions for customer requirements/applications.
- Provide customer assistance to early-stage planning and applications.
- Work with Engineering, Field Service, and distributor rep sales teams to coordinate quotes accurately--providing support with the creation of quick submittals via the COMPAS tool as needed.
- Prepare and respond to requests for proposals and quotes (RFPs and RFQs). This includes terms and conditions reviews
- Handle administrative functions for RFQs and orders—and assign all quotes.
- Follow up with customers and reps to secure sales from previously provided quotes. Ensure prompt order acknowledgements are sent to sales reps.
- Respond to calls from customers about quotes that have pending orders.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing business partners.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- Ability to work Eastern Time Zone business hours
- Ability to travel 10%
- Experience in project management or order management is preferred
- Expertise in the energy/critical power industry is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interpersonal skills and influencing people are important requirements in the job
- Experience with customer-facing and/or customer relationship management is preferred
- Critical thinking and ownership in bringing successful resolution to cross-functional problems.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in complex/matrix organizations with multiple responsibilities and drivers desired
- Experience in related industries/markets preferred (e.g. critical power, electrical equipment, power control applications, auxiliary generation in the electrical)
- Demonstrable ability to apply methods or procedures which generally are well defined and straightforward, but with occasional deviations.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.