Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
1. Order handover and sign-off with sales for order execution of Modernization and Upgrades projects in domain of Large Steam Turbines and Large Gas Turbines.
2. Agreement on project deliverables and own full responsibility for complete project including profit and loss as well as cash flow from sales handover until completion of warranty phase.
3. Handle multiple complex projects with huge order value at any given point of time.
4. Internal stake holder management and customer relationship management as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the assigned projects.
5. Drive projects according to areas of project management within framework of PM @ SE including but not limited to:
a. Ensure project execution with highest standards of EHS practices.
b. Preparation of detailed project management plan, and document submission plan to keep track of actual progress vis-à-vis baseline.
c. Establish communication matrix with customer and escalation resolution methods.
d. Develop Risk and Opportunity register and maintaining it up to date. Identify new opportunities during project execution and work along with sales to convert them into additional supply / service orders.
e. Identification of risks in early phase of project and implementation of mitigation measures to control NCCs.
f. Timely reporting NCCs and document RCA to avoid recurrence with clear feedback to concerned functions as a part of lessons learnt.
g. Contract management including development of claims register, contractual correspondence register and maintaining them up to date.
h. Conduct monthly reviews with engineering team, supply chain team, factory / shopfloor team and other stake holders to document the project status and report the same to customer in Monthly Progress Report.
i. Conduct periodic project review meeting with customer including multiple site visits during supply phase as well as site execution phase.
j. Calculate cost-to-come based on the variance and update the plan costs, risk & contingency, as applicable.
k. Handle interim / final inspections as per approved QAP and co-ordinate logistics as per contractual agreements.
l. Co-ordinate with commercial team for timely submission of ABG, BG, PBG as per the contractual obligations and follow-up for receivables.
m. Co-ordinate with commercial team for submission of commercial documents at the time of dispatch.
n. Develop detailed site execution plan including preparation of contractor’s scope of work.
o. Participate in contractor finalization process to bring clarity related to scope of work, specials tools and tackles, site specific information, etc.
p. Co-ordinate for generation and submission of various SOP to execute sites without any EHS concerns.
q. Site mobilization alongwith ensuring and maintaining various statutory documents related to site execution.
r. Timely closure of punch points and obtaining acceptance certificate from customer.
s. Final closure of projects in SAP after fulfillment of all contractual obligations supported with necessary documents.
6. Prepare revenue and cash-flow projection plan per quarter for each of the assigned projects.
7. Periodic project reviews with senior management for reporting project health status.
8. Provide relevant data for KPI tracking and reporting to PMO.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
1. You adhere to highest safety standards and exhibit process-oriented approach.
2. You hold bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical / I&C Engineering or equivalent. MBA would be preferable but not mandatory for this position.
3. You understand various cycles applicable in large power stations.
4. You have minimum 20 years of work experience handling projects out of which at least 10 – 12 years as a Project Manager with full profit and loss responsibility in managing complex projects in Large Power Stations.
5. You hold a valid PM Certification (Cat C Project as per PM @ SE or Class C as per IPMA) as a pre-requisite to apply for this position.
6. You are well versed with SAP and MS Project.
7. You are experienced in handling complex projects involving multi-cultural, multi-national / regional, diverse group of project team members and stake holders as well as you understand topics related to taxation, cross-border staffing, and contract management very well.
8. You have demonstrated effective handling of Risk and Opportunity as well as Claim Management during past project executions leading to overall project success and customer satisfaction.
9. You possess strong networking and negotiation skills.
10. You are fluent for effective business communication in English.
11. You consider travelling as an integral part of the job and you are ready to frequently travel for short duration customer meetings during project execution phase as well as long duration visits during site execution / project commissioning phase.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time