Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens EDA is one of the top tier suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation industry and part of Siemens DI. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactively. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Software Development Engineer (m/f/d) Embedded Graphics/Video” in one of our offices in Villingen-Schwenningen, Berlin or Munich.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Definition of software architectures for complex embedded graphics and video systems in the field of automotive systems.
- Design and development of graphics and video software for embedded automotive hardware on Linux, Android or QNX operating systems.
- Development of software and drivers for embedded graphics, video capturing, image processing, video input/output interfaces, and compositing.
- Analysis, optimization and extension of existing embedded software solutions.
- Creating Software documentation, tests and performing the integration into the software platform.
What you need to realize what matters
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a C/C++ environment.
- Very good experience in design and development of Graphics and Video driver and middleware components for Linux, Android, and/or QNX OS in the domain of Infotainment or Digital Cluster.
- Good understanding of the full video path from the camera sensor, through the system to the display.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong analysis, design and problem-solving skills, along with embedded programming experience.
- Experience with graphics and video programming on ARM-based multicore and multiprocessor systems.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to accurately estimate software tasks.
- Strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English.
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms Jaclyn Krieger.
Come and learn more about Siemens Software: Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time