Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Our customers are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with the vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. The solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. The company specializes in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the area of BSP, audio, graphics, video and networking.
For the Automotive Business Unit (ABU) in our Villingen-Schwenningen, Berlin or Munich office we are looking for a " Software Engineer – Linux/Kernel (f/m/d)"
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Definition of complex architectures and configurations of embedded BSP software layer according to customer requirements.
- Design of low-level SW components for Linux and Android, from the Kernel up through Middleware
- Device driver development, support, configuration, and optimization
- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions.
- Customer requirements analysis, breakdown, implementation
- Estimation of work packages for the BSP software development.
- Support of software integration (CI/CD), testing and failure/performance analysis.
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- first experience in Linux/Android Kernel in embedded systems, ideally automotive software
- Strong background in the design and development of low-level SW components for Linux, Android, and QNX
- Experience with the upstream Linux Kernel community processes and requirements, including upstream Kernel git patch submissions
- Strong technical background in embedded system software development and state of the art automotive ARM SoCs such as Samsung Exynos Auto V9, Qualcomm 8x55/8x95, i.MX6/8, R-Car Gen3, etc.
- Experience in embedded architecture and complex multicore and multiprocessor systems
- Strong experience in agile software development
- Strong team player with good leadership, communication, presentation, and social skills
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time