As a pioneer in the global building industry we, as the Building Products Business Unit, change how people live and work in buildings by connecting the digital and the physical world. We combine the latest IoT and cloud technology with our in-depth know-how and experience on how buildings are optimally run. With building and security management software, cloud services & applications, building & room automation, HVAC devices and controls all the way to full fire safety from detection to extinguishing, we help our customers make buildings safe, healthy, productive and sustainable spaces for living and working. Find out more here.
Developing outstanding user experience is one of the critical core competencies. Excellence in this area is key to our strategy for Building Products and a key differentiating competence.
Become the lead and guide our multi-cultural and interdisciplinary User Experience team. We create customer value by defining and designing delightful experience. You will be leading the UX vision for a suite of platforms, with a strong focus on innovative ways of serving clients using leading-edge technology. You will drive and oversee both UX design and research with a company-wide coverage across four business segments. Stakeholders will look to you to provide strategic guidance, vision and direction for our user experience across the organization. You will be part of the leadership team, leading a horizontal UX team that spans both product management and R&D to actively define and design products in close collaboration with our internal stakeholders, customers and, most importantly, our users.
The role is based in Zug, Switzerland with teams located in Switzerland, US, and India (plus other locations when and where needed).
- You’ll be the person with the UX vision, working with a team of hardworking UX professionals shaping the products from concept to minimum viable product (MVP) and onwards. It’s also a big plus if you’re used to – and enjoy – getting your hands dirty
- Define and own the creative direction as well as the design system of our organization. Drive and oversee the Business Unit UX strategy and vision in close collaboration with (product) management and the R&D leadership team
- Maintain company-wide governance with regard to User Experience across all business segments by providing strong UX leadership, establishing UX processes including a mature design system
- Guide, mentor and motivate a high performing in-house UX team to ensure business impact and close alignment with stakeholders You will be joining a team of great people who work hard but also enjoy their day’s work, and we hope you will do the same.
- We are pretty tool-agnostic and are constantly looking to optimize the way we do things. Currently we’re using a mix of Sketch (Cloud), Gitlab and collaborating tools like Conceptboard and Confluence. If you have forward-thinking ideas on how we can do better, we are all ears!
- We live and breathe agile, so a person from a similar background would be a close fit. If you’re not yet proficient in agile methodology, a phenomenal team spirit, an open attitude, and good communication will go a long way
- You offer extensive industry experience within the UX field (either as a UX designer or researcher), with some years’ experience leading a UX team. This job is not possible without a proper seniority
- More important than the number of years on your CV, we care about your ability to work in a team, your drive and confidence in what you do and how you adapt to different types of projects
- We strongly believe in data, and you should be familiar with methods for collecting and using data to support design decisions. But you should also have the confidence to decide when to adhere to such data and when it is necessary to go beyond
- Complexity doesn't faze you, and you can simplify complex problems. You have the ability to take ownership of complex issues and be a bridge between competing interests and personalities to obtain alignment and motivate change
- You’re an efficient UX professional who knows when to be lean and when to be rigorous. You can take care of ambiguity, and you enthusiastically recommend creative solutions instead of waiting for direction from others
- Uniting and motivating teams comes naturally to you. You’re a natural collaborator and enjoy working with a cross-functional, cross-regional team. People know you to be an active listener with an inquisitive mind
- Communication is your forte, with the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical team members, and between project teams and senior leadership. You have a good sense of humour and want to work hard, but you enjoy your day’s work
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time