Uniting what’s next in traffic
As a global leader for intelligent traffic solutions, we connect the dots of a new mobility revolution.
With digitalization and the use of disruptive technologies we enable cities, highway authorities, and (mobility) operators to create a new world of mobility with vehicles that are shared and connected, autonomous tunnel automation, smart tolling and adaptive traffic systems for simulation and prediction. All that allows for a totally new level of traffic management that is truly proactive.
This will transform our cities into places where people can live, work and move more freely with better quality of life, less accidents and with cleaner air. With our expertise and our solutions, we contribute to solving our climate crisis.
Urban mobility must and will change. And we will lead the way!
Your new role
Our team is currently responsible for two deployment types which both get deployed via GitLab CI using Terraform - on-premise deployments on Kubernetes clusters running on VMware based infrastructure in our customers data centers and deployments to Kubernetes clusters running on public cloud providers (currently mostly AWS).
As Site Reliability Engineer in our platform team in Yunex, you will be part of growing team building the foundation of our products.
- You will take a leading role in the development and implementation of new services and architectural changes through their complete lifecycle, from inception and design to deployment and operations.
- In addition, you will maintain our deployments by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- You will scale our cloud-based systems sustainably, while striking a balance between reliability and velocity.
- You will get to know our wide system landscape which includes a lot of challenging technologies (e.g., AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gitlab CI).
- You train and coach others in the whole organization in your field of expertise and take part in the onboarding process of new hires.
- You have a university degree in informatics, computer sciences or a similar degree and long-term relevant experience.
- You have proficient knowledge in Golang or Python, ideally both.
- You have experience in Bash.
- You have a strong background in Linux/Unix system administration.
- You understand complex scenarios on modern application network and security such as ingress/egress.
- You can log and monitor stack know-how (Loki, Grafana, Prometheus, fluent-bit).
- You have experience in working with Kubernetes including Istio as service mesh.
- You understand the concept of hyperscalers, such as autoscaling on AWS (or similar concepts by other cloud providers).
- You are familiar with continuous deployment tools such as ArgoCD.
- You have know-how on identity provider (IDP) and identity access management (IAM) such as Keycloak, OAuth2 proxy.
- You understand the basic idea and be able to build up backup and restore processes.
Getting in touch with us
if you would like to find out more about Yunex Traffic before applying.
The contact person handling this job ad is Timm Lotz.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time