Russelectric, a Siemens Business, manufactures high-integrity on-site power control systems to help ensure 100% uptime without disruptions or aberrations. We deliver engineered solutions to hospitals, data centers, airports, water treatment, renewable energy, DoD and other mission-critical facilities.
We are an engineering-driven company with full capabilities to customize systems to users’ needs and requirements such as space restrictions and integration into existing equipment. All of our products, including automatic transfer switches and switchgear training simulators, are designed and built in our vertically integrated plants located in Massachusetts and Oklahoma.
We are currently seeking to hire an Area Service Manager (ASM) for our New England US territory. The NE Area Service Manager is responsible for leading the field service engineering team in executing all aspects of field service priorities. This includes but is not limited to start-up, commissioning, preventative maintenance, repairs, and emergency response for Russelectric. The NE Area territory will be responsible for significant volume to the Russelectric field organization. The position interacts closely with critical power customers in markets like Healthcare and Datacenters providing superior customer support for critical power applications where uninterrupted service is a requirement.
This position reports to the Head of Field Services.
The Area Service Manager leads and executes all aspects of field service within a defined area in New England responsible for the following:
- Promoting Siemens Zero Harm Culture emphasizing the well-being of Siemens employees, customers, and other stakeholders
- Hiring, training, and developing field service engineers and Service Project Managers supporting a broad range of skills sets ranging from mechanical aptitude supporting preventative maintenance and repairs to familiarity with legacy PLC and SCADA troubleshooting and commissioning for modification and upgrade projects. Work closely with our training center in Broken Arrow, OK to define skill gaps and schedule technical training to develop employees’ skills.
- Scheduling backlog of contracted jobs to meet customer schedule expectations while optimizing utilization of personnel
- Develop service budget and resources required to accommodate existing and future start-up, modification, commissioning and preventative maintenance contracts
- Maintaining budgeted costs for contracted scope of work
- Driving a disciplined approach to job cost allocation thereby ensuring field operations is charging costs accurately to assigned work tasks
- Communicating with customers regarding project status, resource availability and other service-related needs
- Communicating with internal finance partners estimate-at-complete project cost and scheduled completion on a monthly basis for all projects in assigned Area
- Ensure complaints and escalations are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain an in-depth understand of activities and projects in assigned Area
The Area Service Managers Key Performance Indicators include the following:
- Safety (OIR and LTIR)
- Customer satisfaction
- Project margins (As Sold vs. As Executed) and adherence to schedule
- Skills development (measured against goals within skill matrix)
This is a fast paced, dynamic role requiring strong communication skills, ability to multi-task and adapt as customer needs and project schedules regularly change requiring creative solutions for staffing qualified resources to jobs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in field service operations and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Advanced experience with electrical power systems, equipment, and power automation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at many levels of the organization
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the field service engineering team while providing frequent informal and ongoing feedback
- Ensures and promotes the development of the field service engineering team/succession planning through coaching, training, and leadership development
- Familiarity with mobile time entry/reporting systems such as mCompanion and their interface to SAP a plus
- Travel up to 35%
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The successful candidate should live somewhere within the region
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.