Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
In this role the Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering for the Cuvette Rings and Cuvette Handling (CRCH) group within Lab Diagnostics (LD) for Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc. This group is responsible for designing subsystems which utilize motors, actuators, and heaters to move, accurately position, and incubate cuvettes within automated In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) analyzers.
The Engineer will be closely involved in testing existing subsystem hardware to characterize performance, as well as generating concepts and supporting design work for new subsystem hardware. This position will provide the opportunity to take on increased responsibility as skills and experience develop.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 0-3 years of Engineering experience. Candidate must have education or work experience in Statics, Dynamics, Control Systems, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, and 2D/3D CAD design.
Essential Job Functions
The person in this position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participates in identification of potential technical problems and provides effective solutions by application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes; displays practical thinking in applying engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
• Responsible for timely and high-quality documentation of design progress, participation in technical reviews.
• Actively participates in the design and execution of Subsystem Characterization Testing and documents results in test reports
• Works with internal and external prototyping resources to obtain (or modify) hardware for testing
• Utilizes Siemens NX and Teamcenter, and GD&T skills to create 3D models of parts, assemblies, and 2D drawings
• Works closely with other CRCH Engineers as well as with Mechatronic, Systems, Electrical, Software, Manufacturing and Reliability Engineers to mature preliminary subsystem designs into final production-ready states.
• Applies best practice and appropriate tool usage in actual daily practice.
• Responsible for quality of deliverables to manufacturing.
• Appropriately document designs, activities, and knowledge growth to meet project, organization, and regulatory needs.
• Works with external vendors in close cooperation with LD supply chain management.
• Travels as required to support cross-site product development activities.
• Demonstrates understanding of engineering first-principles.
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Experience creating 3D CAD models and 2D Drawings
o Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is a plus
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing process e.g., milling, turning, injection molding, additive manufacturing
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• Willingness to learn detailed design process of mechatronic and components
• Ability to apply system-level thinking in the design
• Demonstrates understanding of mechanical design and product development process.
• Experience selecting, validating, and employing OEM components in a mechanical design is a plus
• Experience designing medical devices or automation equipment is a plus.
• Experience of working in a large global corporate matrix environment is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 0-3 years of Engineering Experience
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.