Your new role as an Embedded Software / C++ Expert (f/m/d) – Siemens
Working together on the future.
What does the future look like? What can we expect there? We don't know for sure. But we are doing everything we can to make the world of tomorrow a lot smarter and a bit better. To do this, we need people like you who initiate innovative projects in research and development and point out unusual solutions. Because we have a lot planned: Whether high-speed networks for renewable energies or smart factories - our curiosity about what is feasible behind "unthinkable" is endless! It's your chance: Join us in driving global change.
Change the world of tomorrow with us.
- You will work together with our in-house/internal customers on software architecture and system programming, with focus on real-time embedded systems
- You know the industrial requirements, functional and non-functional, of an embedded system architecture, e.B constraint devices, performance, maintenance, safety or security
- As an expert (f/m/d) for embedded systems, you will implement new software and architectures for our embedded systems and support other development engineers in an advisory capacity
- Your tasks include the design of reusable software components for embedded systems, as well as documentation and architecture description
- You identify, track and integrate current and future technologies for successful implementation of new requirements
- You work on the implementation in the area of embedded systems (RTOS, HAL layer, protocols), on hardware-oriented and efficient system programming
- You know modern IIoT technologies and their possible applications
- You work in a highly agile development and research team, a high degree of independence as well as an intrinsic will to collaborate are the cornerstone of your work
Your profile for "Making the future possible".
- You have successfully completed masters or PhD studies in computer science, electrical engineering
- You have over (5+) experience with modern C++ 17 and want to stay close to the current language standard when designing and implementing software systems
- You are experienced with build automation (e.B. CMake, Ninja, menuconfig)
- You have several years (5+) experience in hardware-related programming, RTOS (e.B. Free/OpenRTOS, Zephyr), HAL, and Security (TLS, mbedTLS, Encryption)
- You have a broad knowledge of hardware-related protocols/buses (e.B. SPI, I2C, UART, RS232, RS485, ModbusTCP/RTU, CAN), as well as data exchange protocols (e.B. PROFIBUS, PROFINET, KNX, CANOpen) and debugging technologies (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, OpenOCD, JTAG, SEGGER)
- You can design and implement hardware-related protocol specifications and you prefer a Linux-based development environment at work and at home
- You have in-depth knowledge of IIoT and the technologies used (e.B JSON, CBOR, MQTT, AMQP, HTTP, OPC UA)
- You have experience in implementation and maintenance for different architectures (x86/64, ARM, MIPS, RISCV) and manufacturers (e.g. TI, STM, NXP)
- Very good German and English skills round off your profile
Join us, you can really have it all!
- Exciting topics in a young, motivated team in a world-class company that offers a broad digitization portfolio in a high-growth market
- Flat hierarchies, fast decision-making processes and a pragmatic working style offer you the greatest possible flexibility
- Independent working
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time