Yunex traffic are looking to employ an experienced traffic signal operative to join it’s large and successful team in Crawley. You will undertake all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. Responsible for installation teams and the management of subcontractorson-site.
We welcome candidates from a Traffic Signal Maintenance background who may be looking for a new challenge, or those currently working as Traffic Signal Installers who wish to step up and progress their career with one of the country’s’ largest and most well known Traffic Signal businesses.
The role – your responsibilities and tasks
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Responsible for leading activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Responsible for undertaking site inductions
- Out of hours working to support service and installation contract requirements
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimising them wherever possible.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
Competencies – your current skills and qualifications
- Able to work outside, in all weather conditions
- Be a practical thinker
- Willing to work at height from ladders and occasionally from a MEWP
- Knowledge of Traffic Management requirements
- Experience of working alongside sub-contractors
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of working within the traffic signals industry (Previously in Maintenance, Installation or Technical Support role)
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar (desirable)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time