- Consulting on and conception of solution modules for next generation industrial automation;
- Develop beyond innovative engineering tools and solutions;
- Develop new technologies, tools and methods to enable new, self-organizing industrial solutions customized for each domain;
- Integrate AI technologies by using cloud and local computing power;
- Build easy to use computing frameworks that can power low- and high-performance industrial appliances;
- Provide custom solutions that can be directly applied in products and services;
- Chip in to development of new standards and automation tooling;
- Project management;
- Identify new opportunities for innovation and value-delivery;
- MSc degree in computer science or similar, preferably with a focus on IT, automation, software development, etc. (or equivalent experience);
- Proven experience in hands-on, technical tasks performed in the IT-, or software development landscape;
- Project management skills and certifications a plus;
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- C/C++ and Python programming
- Experience with IOT and/or middleware technologies like ROS, DDS, OPC, MQTT
- System Programming is a plus
- Experience with real-time OS (e.g. RT Linux, FreeRTOS) is a plus
- Containerization with Docker is a plus
- Automation Engineering Tools like TIA Portal/Openness, AX, OPC UA, PLC-Sim
- Control systems like SCADA and PLC
- IOT Systems / Edge solutions
- Good understanding of DevOps practices and tools
- Proficient in spoken and written English, including technical terminology; proficiency in German a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills in English (company official language); German a plus;
- Ability to present and explain complex technical topics to both management (technical and non-technical) personnel and technical specialists;
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented fashion, with a clear desire to become acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time