Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a pioneer like Yunex Traffic, a Siemens business.
Here at Yunex Traffic we want to make mobility safer, more efficient, and more sustainable with forward-looking infrastructure and transport solutions. Yunex Traffic designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of international traffic management products and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safe4ty and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Training Department who want to make a difference and develop their skills in It & Business
Part of being an apprentice at Yunex means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 2 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Level 3 Business Administration standard (or similar, subject to local college provision).
Here is how the programme works:
- The likelihood is that you will be at College on a 1 day a week basis and you’ll spend the rest of your time in the Office working with the team which could involve providing support to all affiliated functions to arrange their training needs
- General business administration including filing, typing, document management and emailing. During this time, your development is intended to provide a thorough grounding in your discipline, develop personal and management skills.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- As the apprenticeship involves completing academic qualifications and occupational skills developments, you should have good organisational skills and be able to manage your time appropriately.
- You should be IT and social media literate, able to use Microsoft Office packages.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You complete tasks to a high standard and always have quality in mind
- You maintain a professional and positive approach to taking responsibility and engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and English language or 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey.
- As an apprentice, you will receive first-rate training and tuition from Yunex and our partner colleges.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining one of Europe's leading engineering and technology company’s
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Traffic Management. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Yunex Traffic recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time