Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Security Engineer for maintenance (soft- and hardware), optimization, updating and integration of our IT Security solutions at the customer. Our customers are located in Brussels in a critical infrastructure with highly secured environments.
Within the Security portfolio we offer camera surveillance, access control, intrusion and perimeter detection and integrated security management. Here you can find a preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvkOZiNK5cY
Are you looking for a job that involves applied IT skills and hands-on attitude and want to combine the best of both worlds? Are you driven by technologies and evolutions in the domain of security and cybersecurity? Do you like to detect problems, work out solutions and provide customers with an excellent service? Do you describe yourself as inquisitive, enthusiastic, technical and analytical and would you like to actively work with our Security products?
Then be sure to read on!
Buildings and infrastructure are rapidly becoming a target for cyberattacks. Therefore, the focus of the job will be on ensuring business continuity and security for our customers. You will be mainly analyzing the network and systems and perform analyses. Based on these analyses, you’ll handle interventions on site.
This consists of:
- Both corrective and preventive maintenance on the installed security systems. This will be on both software and hardware.
- Your analytical and problem-solving skills allow you to be the driving force behind keeping the customer's installations up to date
- Keeping the operating system up to date, as well as the IT security that is implemented in the existing security solutions at the customer
- Detect network-level failure analyses
- Thinking about optimizing customer-specific integrations on existing systems.
- Adjust, program/create dashboards in function of custom-made security solutions
- Realization of extensions and modernizations on the subsystems as well as the integrations in the general building management system
- Perform software updates or upgrades in line with the project or contractual agreement with the customer
- Provide user training of the system to the customer
- Checking all technical files and if necessary, have adjustments made by the engineering team
Who are we looking for?
Both experienced engineers and junior engineers/young graduates can apply for this job. The training will vary accordingly.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Electronics-ICT, Applied Computer Science, Networks & Systems etc.
- You have strong affinity with or experience in security and cybersecurity topics and actively follow-up the evolutions in these domains.
- You would like to put your technical knowledge into practice
- You can work independently and are also a team player.
- The IT world holds few secrets for you. You are proficient with networks and server/PC configurations. In addition, you also have good knowledge about network principles, IP Protocol, virtual environments, database architectures and methodologies
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or French is an asset.
What does Siemens offer you?
At Siemens you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. We offer varied work in a wide range of positions and intensive internal training to further develop your career. Permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor are also part of the process.
At Siemens, we focus on work-life balance through open communication in the workplace where we consider each employee's individual needs and values to the greatest possible extent. We try to provide flexible work settings to offer our employees the opportunity to balance work and private life.
Agoria's "Be The Change charter" and the subsequent label "Employer ready for the future of work" calls on companies to adapt their personnel policy to the labor market of tomorrow.
Just before the end of 2020, Siemens Belux was the first in Belgium to receive the label 'Employer ready for the future of work' from technology federation Agoria.
Do you feel like taking on this adventure? Then apply now!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time