Cyber Security Analyst Senior
As a Cyber Security Analyst with the Siemens R&D IP Protection team you will help reduce the risk and potential impact of cyber-attacks to the company by cultivating, maintaining, and advancing detection capabilities to identify threats targeting the software development division of Siemens.
As a Senior Cyber Security Analyst, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leveraging knowledge of common attacker techniques and software development processes to develop and refine queries to identify malicious activity within Tanium Threat Response
- Conduct research on attacker infrastructure to discover and curate previously unknown indicators of compromise (IOCs) and submit IOCs to security tools for detection and blocking
- Support Incident Response by providing analysis of incidents
- Process, organize, analyze and assist in contextualization of incident indicators
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years of overall related experience, at least 3 years of experience as a cybersecurity analyst, with demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following areas: network security, host-based security, network and system administration, forensic analysis, cyber threat intelligence
- Strong cyber security experience (SOC Analyst, Red Team, Threat Analyst, Security Engineering)
- Strong system administration/DevOps experience in a heavy Linux environment
- Knowledge of Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Familiarity with Tanium Threat Response, Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee, FireEye, Crowdstrike, CarbonBlack, and or other Endpoint Detection tools
- Knowledge of common cyber security threat hunting frameworks (MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of common incident response methodologies and tools (network security monitoring, enterprise security controls)
- Tanium Certified Operator or Tanium Certified Administrator
- Security Certifications: CEH, GCIH, OSCP, PenTest+, GCHA, Security+
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently the White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted, you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.