At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsPosition Overview:
Siemens Digital Industry Software Division has a job opening for a Support Engineer in the Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) group. In this role, you will represent MOM / MES Support in North America by guiding customers in identifying and solving software and product issues. This is a technical role that interacts with enterprise level customers to isolate and solve sophisticated Manufacturing Execution System (MES) issues. Experience in the field of Medical Device or Semiconductor manufacturing is a plus.
The Support Engineer will apply moderate skills of MES software and supporting technologies to investigate and resolve problems by making use of problem-solving skills and tools. They will be responsible for setting customer expectations, identifying, isolating, and providing solutions for problems. They will regularly exercise discretion & judgment during customer consultations to assess issues and, when necessary, engage with colleagues across multiple departments. Responsible for knowledge share demonstrations to peers and customers. The Support Engineer works with general supervision on issues to competently resolve customer issues. This position requires above average communication skills, great teammate, attention to detail and a strong desire to be a team contributor and learn and grow within he siemens organization.Responsibilities:
- Perform customer support case management via web and phone communications.
- Work within a team environment to monitor customers issues, perform triage, troubleshooting and escalation routing as necessary.
- Provide customer assistance in a professional and efficient manner, adhering to well established process and practice procedures.
- Partake in collaboration sharing activities, publishing knowledge base articles, providing technical presentations, reviewing documentation.
- Run virtual environments to solve multiple customer issues.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a customer-facing support role.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- Microsoft Windows Server, Networking fundamentals, SQL Server (Admin, Queries), IIS Web Server, .NET Framework, Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Web client development experience, understanding of Object-Oriented programming model - Intermediate
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Technology.
- Previous experience with implementing Enterprise PLM, ERP or MES systems.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Preferred location:
- Preferred job location: Charlotte, NC
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible time off, including paid volunteer time off
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.#LI-PLM
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.