As a Senior Instructor and Curriculum Designer you will be responsible for all aspects of training delivery, and content development for Siemens EDA product line of IC physical design and verification Tools. This includes but not limited to Aprisa place and route tool and Calibre physical design and verification tools.
Training delivery will be performed in three ways. In-person class delivery, on-line class delivery and pre-recorded training materials that are available in a self-paced on-demand format. In-person classes are held at Siemens EDA training centers and at customer sites. You will work with training operations to schedule training events.
You will work with customers, sales, product division and support groups to determine enhancements to existing classes, and to identify new classes for development. Based on this guidance, you will plan and create materials that will be presented not only by you, but also by instructors worldwide. The training materials include slides used for lectures, hands-on labs to reinforce learning, knowledge checks and assessments and videos for self-paced on-demand training.
As needed, and as time is available, you will also be involved in supporting testing new functionality and supporting trade shows and technical conferences.
The primary objective of this position to develop and deliver high quality training that will increase customer knowledge and drive product adoption at customer sites.
- Be prepared and knowledgeable in the subject matter, the tools, the training materials and in-person and virtual training environments.
- Present yourself in a professional manner.
- Answer student questions in a professional manner, and as needed, note the question, ask the product or support group, and get the answer back to the student in a timely manner.
- Report back to the product group, support, sales, Learning Services any items that need action that were generated during the training event.
- Review class feedback gathered in surveys or other means, and take appropriate action based on that to continually improve the class materials and your own performance.
Training Content and Curriculum Development:
- Manage training materials based on the product release schedules.
- Develop the development and curriculum plan for creating new classes and maintaining existing classes
- Get buy-in for your proposed content from other instructors and support from the product, customer support, applications engineer and other teams
- Utilize standard templates and tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Camtasia) to create the appropriate high-quality training materials.
- Hold reviews for updates, and beta classes for new classes to gather feedback for improvements. Implement the improvements.
- Involvement in the specification and review of materials developed by colleagues.
- Release the training classes and verify that materials are correctly setup for downloads
Continuous Learning and Development:
- Continue to learn about new IC design, verification and place and route tools and their new features
- Attend technical conferences to stay current technically
- Identify opportunities to continually improve your presentation and teaching skills
- Work with the product and support teams to learn more about the tools and how they are used at customer sites.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the product group, support and sales
- Utilizes quality control measures such as student evaluations, videotapes and/or feedback to ensure consistency, effectiveness and professionalism of teaching presentations.
BSEE or MSEE
3+ years of hands-on experience in using IC place and route tools, IC physical design and/or IC verification tools by using in projects, supporting customers (internal or external), or as a part of customer training and product marketing.
Experience developing and/or delivering technical training is a plus.
Knowledge of adult learning theory, preferably in a technical environment, is a plus.
Prior experience with Siemens EDA Aprisa and Calibre products is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
Understanding IC place and route and physical design and/or verification technology is a requirement
Experience using Aprisa place and route tool and Calibre in a project setting is a plus.
Knowledge of Tcl/TK, Perl, Python and other scripting languages is a plus.
The ability to determine suitability of training materials based on learner skill level and learning style is required.
Must have strong presentation and teaching skills, ideally in a technical setting.
Must be able to take complicated subject matter and distill it down to a customer focused training session. Must have excellent customer-focused writing and editing skills.
Must have demonstrated ability to work well in cross-functional team environment, and work collaboratively in a team
Demonstrated ability to respond to multiple conflicting priorities, manage changing priorities and respond appropriately to unexpected changes.
Must possess time management, communications, inter-personal, verbal, listening, problem solving, troubleshooting, decision-making and organizational skills.
Reacts well in collaborative discussions, clarifies situations, remains open to all sides, stays focused on resolution, develops others and own ideas.
Ability to learn and grow into other product areas such as digital and/or analog design and verification tools is a plus
Up to 50% travel worldwide per year (Post Pandemic)
· Customer Focus - Cultivating strategic customer relationships and ensuring that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all business activities.
· Quality of Work - Advocating, developing and providing the highest quality work product.
· Results - Setting high goals for personal and/or group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
· Communications and Teamwork - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with customers (e.g. peers, functional partners, external vendors, alliance partners, etc.).
· Job Knowledge - Exhibiting industry best practice knowledge, subject matter expertise, and subject matter understanding. Demonstrating and encouraging in others a zeal for new knowledge, experiences, and challenges. Regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities.
· Integrity and Trust - Demonstrating high standards of ethics and values, setting a positive example for others even in the face of opposition.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.