At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Our customers are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with the vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. The solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. The company specializes in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the areas of BSP, audio, graphics, video, and networking.
- Definition of complex architectures and configurations of embedded BSP software layer according to customer requirements and ABU platform definitions.
- Design of low-level SW components for Linux and Android, from the Kernel up through Middleware
- Device driver development, support, configuration, and optimization
- Actively participate in low-level software architectural discussions
- Customer requirements analysis, breakdown, and technical coordination
- Definition, estimation, and planning of work packages for the BSP software development.
- Support of software integration (CI/CD), testing and failure/performance analysis.
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of Linux/Android Kernel experience in a comparable position in embedded systems, ideally automotive software
- Strong background in the design and development of low-level SW components for Linux, Android, and QNX
- Experience with the upstream Linux Kernel community processes and requirements, including upstream Kernel git patch submissions
- Strong technical background in embedded system software development and state of the art automotive ARM SoCs such as Samsung Exynos Auto V9, Qualcomm 8x55/8x95, i.MX6/8, R-Car Gen3, etc.
- Experience in embedded architecture and system definition of complex multicore and multiprocessor systems
- Strong experience in agile software development
- Strong team player with good leadership, communication, presentation, and social skills
- Automotive development experience
- Yocto Project experience / bitbake
- V4L2 and ALSA
- Hypervisor experience (development and configuration)
- UML design experience
- Jenkins job configuration and execution for Continuous Integration (CI)
- Enjoyable, flexible, and creative workplace
- Attractive salary including bonuses
- Flexible working hours
- Work from Home
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.