- Siemens Industry - Customer Services Division is searching for a Sr. Field Service Engineer(s) to perform field service, engineering, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and commissioning activities for Process Automation Systems in industrial and utility facilities located in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Equipment knowledge to include the majority of the following; PCS-7, APACS, WinCC industrial controls, various communications protocols (Profibus/Profinet) and Siemens HMI systems.
- Guides and performs on-site technical and operational support in the development, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of PCS7 equipment and systems of a complex nature.
- This position is accountable for the fulfillment of Service Contracts to regional Customers, and for Service to Customers on a Break / Fix, Demand Service needs.
- This Senior Field Service Engineer will work in the Customer Service Business Unit, Process Automation area of Field Service reporting to the Operations Manager for Process Automation Field Service.
- Overall responsibility in this role is to perform direct Field Service and support functions to Customer sites, to assist other Field Engineers with large tasks, and to provide startup and commissioning support to the Projects team(s).
- Applies creative and advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Specific job tasks and functions.
- Ensure safe job practices are being followed, filing Daily Safety Brief form before work begins each day.
- Provide scheduled and emergency support remotely or onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level user support
- Perform software version updates for on-site customers.
- Complete broad scope of product and systems support including configuration, installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting and evaluation of customer equipment, systems, and applications.
- Integration of computer hardware and software.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery.
- Program customer requested system changes in function blocks, Sequential Function charts, Ladder logic, and statement lists.
- Ensure backup(s) and archives of client systems are kept current.
- Develops and submits daily field reports covering all job activity.
- Guides the maintenance of Siemens PCS7 Process Control systems, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Will assist in the planning and estimating of labor categories, rates, material dollar costs, transportation expenses and per diem rates to help with the completion of proposals.
- Guides training of customers to maintain and adjust complex equipment.
- Guides the review of task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering, computer science, Industrial Controls or other technical field. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 8+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- 50-75% travel required.
- Experience with Siemens PCS7
- Good troubleshooting and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Process Control systems, theories, and applications. PLC(s), Control Systems, Automation principles and concepts.
This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in the Specialty Chemical industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Siemens PCS7 products, Batch and Continuous processes, Brewing, Profibus/Profinet, and networking is preferred.
- Siemens Drives and S7 experience is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.