At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Through our simulation software, testing systems and engineering services we enable advanced manufacturing companies to get better products to market faster and turn superior process efficiency into key competitive advantages. We tackle the challenges associated with intelligent system design with a strong passion for innovation and a continuous drive for excellence.
You will be a member of the Motion team in an Agile Scrum environment, responsible for the development of a multibody dynamic simulation application based on our CAD/CAE platform called Simcenter 3D. This is an integrated suite of 3D FE and multi body modeling software which simulates and optimizes the performance of mechanical systems for structural integrity, noise and vibration, system dynamics and durability. Using Simcenter 3D, engineering teams can build accurate simulation models, simulate their real-life performance, quickly assess multiple design alternatives and optimize designs before prototype construction. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/products/simcenter/simcenter-3d.html
Here are some highlights of what we look for in our next colleague:
- A versatile developer whose main strengths are C and C++, but who also likes to work on all the related aspects of developing a commercial end user product.
- Having affinity with mathematics, engineering or physics could be helpful, but is not strictly required.
- Since we are working as a Scrum team, we are looking for someone who enjoys working in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
- You understand the value that test driven development and continuous integration brings to the quality of software.
- We are an international team, so we expect solid English communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical disciplines from reputed institutions.
- Professional software development experience with CAD/CAE software products specifically in the areas of Multi-Body Dynamics, Solid Modeling, Assembly Modeling, etc. is desired.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts including advanced data structures, object-oriented analysis and design, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and debugging, etc.
- Conversant with modern software engineering methodologies
- Logical thinking and Creative problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time with quality
- Motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. requires US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.