As an Applications engineer with Siemens EDA Technology Solutions Sales, you will support consultative sales efforts at the world’s leading semiconductor and electronic equipment manufacturers.
As an Applications Engineer at Siemens EDA, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Siemens EDA's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for technical wins with the industry leading solutions Xpedition Substrate Integrator, Calibre, Tessent, Avatar, and other product families. Responsible activities will include delivery of technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations and benchmarks, and participation in development of solutions and account strategies leading to market share gains for Siemens. This position is also expected to help architect and prototype Siemens EDA’s emerging 3DIC solution through the development of flows and integration scripts to link tools into a solution.
Your territory coverage consists of Key Accounts located, but not limited to, greater Silicon Valley area. Account coverage is not limited to the Bay Area, you will be responsible for integrating with peers located all over the world, communicating essential status to a variety of stakeholders and influential customers. International travel may be required.
MSEE/BSEE with 4+ years design experience. Significant experience in advanced IC and/or interposer design, experience with IC Packaging design is a plus. Necessary technical skills include satisfying many of these areas:
- Knowledge of IC data formats (Verilog, LEF/DEF, GDS, OASIS, etc.) is required.
- Familiarity with Package / Interposer planning solutions (Siemens XSI, Cadence OrbitIO, Synopsys 3DIC Compiler, Excel) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Package Design (Cadence APD/SiP, Mentor Xpedition) is desired.
- Practical experience with IC P&R tools for Silicon Interposer design is a highly desired.
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Avatar (Apogee), Mentor (Olympus-SoC), Synopsys (IC Compiler, Physical Compiler, Custom Compiler) and Cadence (SoC Encounter, Innovus, Virtuoso) preferred.
- Understanding of ASIC design methodology from RTL Synthesis to Physical Implementation phases; Netlist-to-GDS flow expertise obtained through benchmark, evaluation or production (tape-out) of complex ASIC designs is a plus.
- Familiarity with 2.5D and 3D solutions (TSMC InFO, CoWoS, GF GF32, ASE FoCUS, Amkor SWIFT, Samsung MDI, etc.).
- Experience with Siemens Calibre DRC, LVS, and/or 3DSTACK solutions is a highly desirable.
- Familiarity with IC analysis tools such as Bluewave, Ansys HFSS and Redhawk, Cadence Voltus, or Synopsys PrimeTime is a plus.
- Above average competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Scripting/Programming: Python, Tcl, Perl, or similar languages.
- Working OS knowledge of Windows and Linux.
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology;
- Have a desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of the technical design world;
- Enjoy contributing to the success of a great team;
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effectively influence people at any level;
- Enjoy helping and motivating others to be successful.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining a company internal network of contacts.
- Have the capability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Siemens Industry Software Inc. is a technology supplier to the United States Federal Government. Recently The White House issued an Executive Order requiring most federal workers, contractors and subcontractors who do business with the government to get vaccinated against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice. The Company has decided to pause enforcement of the vaccine mandate for the time being while the issue is addressed by the courts. We will be monitoring the situation closely and may lift the pause if required to do so in order to be in compliance with federal law. If this pause is lifted you will be expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.